Should I sign up for the patient portal?
Yes. The St. Charles Health System patient portal gives you direct access to your personal health information so you can get more actively involved in the management of your health care.
How do I sign up?
After your visit, you will receive an email invitation to register with the St. Charles Health System patient portal hosted by Relay Health. Please follow the instructions provided in the email. Once set-up is complete, you are ready to begin.
What can the portal do?
Soon after your hospital or clinic visit, you can securely access your personal health information and communicate with your health care team regarding your medical care. Some examples include:
- Lab results
- Vital signs (blood pressure, pulse, temperature, etc.)
If you're a patient of a St. Charles clinic, you also have the ability to send a message to your care team anytime. Messaging allows you to:
- Have time to think about what you want to say to your doctor
- Tell your doctor something you forgot during your appointment
- Let your care team know how you are doing with your care plan or tell them about any recent health changes
- Ask about minor health concerns
What about privacy?
The St. Charles Health System patient portal comes with security protections to keep your health information private and safe. Some protections include:
- Secure, encrypted and password-protected connection and access - This ensures your private health care information is safe from unauthorized access
- Audit Trail - Keeps a record of who accessed your information, what changes were made and when
- Password protection - Always remember to protect your username and password from others. Make sure to only log-on from a personal or secure computer
Who can see my health information?
Associated providers and their clinical staff. Other patients cannot see your information.
Who should I contact if the information in my medical record is incorrect?
Patients should contact the Health Information Management team (541-706-7784) and request a ‘record amendment to the patient portal’. HIM will review the request and respond within 30 days.
**Remember, the portal is not for urgent care issues and does not replace a full examination.**