A Multidisciplinary Team Approach to Your Personalized Care
No patient or stroke is the same. The St. Charles stroke team individually tailors treatment for each of our patients. As a certified Primary Stroke Center, we offer a wide array of treatment options, including clot-dissolving medications, surgical and non-surgical procedures, as well as additional therapies to treat and prevent strokes, such as:
- Blood tests
- Cerebral angiography or spiral CT scan angiography
- Computed tomography scan (CT/CAT)
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), using powerful magnets and radio waves to produce clear, detailed pictures of brain tissue
- Carotid endarterectomy
- Interventional neuroradiology
- Revascularization (bypass)
We closely adhere to the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association (AHA/ASA) recommended guidelines for stroke treatment. Following the guidelines set by the AHA/ASA has been shown to improve the quality of patient care and outcomes.
Contact our Stroke Coordinators at 541-706-3736.