Pulmonary Function Testing Lab
Our Pulmonary Function Testing Lab (PFT) is one of the few in the country that meets American Thoracic Society's standards for consistently delivering highest quality testing for every major function of the lungs.
Every year, we earn high marks for noninvasive pulmonary testing:
- 6-minute walk for endurance: measuring how much exercise the lungs can handle
- Diffusion: measuring how well oxygen passes from lungs into bloodstream
- Lung volume: measuring to help determine if lung disease is present
- Methacholine Challenge: the gold standard for diagnosing asthma
- Spirometry: measuring indicators of lung health — air flow and volume