Total Hip and Knee Replacement Classes
Classes are held every Thursday at 1 p.m. in the Heart and Lung Center Conference Room at St. Charles Bend.
To register for an upcoming class, please call 541-706-4922. Please provide the name of your surgeon upon registering.
Preparing our patients for success
Our free total knee and hip replacement classes help educate patients (or those who may be considering a joint replacement) about what to expect in preparation for joint replacement surgery.
During the class, we will review each step of the joint replacement process. We also encourage a family member or caregiver to attend with you, helping them know what to expect.
Benefits of taking the class
- Increase preparation
- Decrease anxiety and concerns
- Easier transition from hospital to home
Planning at home
- Preparing yourself and your family
- Arranging and organizing your home
- Special equipment you may need
Preparing for surgery
- Pre-operative visit
- What to bring with you to the hospital
- Pre-operative instructions and restrictions
Your hospital stay
- About your surgery
- Anesthesia options
- Equipment in your room
- Discharge instructions and restrictions
- Physical and Occupational therapy
To register for an upcoming class, please call 541-706-4922.
Be prepared to provide the name of your surgeon.
This class is free, however pre-registration is required.