Eating better to feel your best
Nutrition Counseling services at St. Charles offers nutrition education and counseling for people who have specialized diet needs or for those seeking guidance in sound nutrition.
Diabetes and Nutrition Counseling Referral Form
Our unique nutrition program includes registered dietitians, licensed and experienced in nutritional counseling. Our nutritionist’s can help patients plan healthy, nutritious meals for your individual lifestyle, health condition and preferences. During the session you will learn how to eat healthier while still enjoying food.
For information on diabetes education and diabetes self-management training, visit our diabetes pages. We offer one-on-one sessions with a registered dietitian or certified diabetes educator.
Nutrition counseling topics include:
- Diets for various diseases
- Heart-healthy eating — Cholesterol, triglyceride and/or blood pressure reduction
- Emotional and disordered eating
- Food allergies and intolerances
- Gastrointestinal nutrition (Celiac disease, Crohn's disease, diverticulitis, irritable bowel syndrome)
- Healthy eating for cancer patients
- Obesity/weight management
- Nutrition during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Home tube feeding and TPN
- Child nutrition
- Improving oral intake for patients with swallowing difficulty, chewing problems, dry mouth, nausea, vomiting
Check with your insurance carrier regarding coverage. Self pay is accepted.