Thai Peanut Cucumber Salad
This recipe, from our very own St. Charles kitchen, packs a sweet and tangy punch — and for not a whole lot of calories or fat. Make it a meal and pair it with a lean meat such as grilled chicken or fish.
- 2 cucumbers peeled and diced large
- 1 clove garlic minced (pureed on cutting board with coarse salt)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil rough chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint rough chopped
- 1/2 bunch green onions sliced thin on bias
- 1 medium carrot peeled and julienned
- 1 jalapeno or 2 Thai chilies sliced thin
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- ¼ cup seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons roasted salted peanuts rough chopped for garnish
Place all ingredients in a salad bowl and toss. Refrigerate until serving.
FYI: Each serving has just 90 calories and 5 grams of fat, and is a good source of Vitamin C.