Sesame Noodles with Broccoli and Chicken
This fun and flavorful recipe is easy to make, and would pair great with sides of fruit and whole wheat rolls. Each one-cup serving — this makes eight — has just 240 calories and 9 grams of fat. It's a good source of protein and Vitamin C.
- 8 ounces whole wheat spaghetti noodles
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 12 ounces frozen broccoli
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked, diced chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
- Mix together sugar, soy sauce and vinegar in small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large sauté pan or skillet. Add garlic and broccoli, and cook on medium until soft.
- Add chicken and cook until heated through.
- Add pasta and soy sauce mixture, and mix well. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2-3 hours.
FYI: If you're vegetarian, consider substituting diced tofu or a can of drained garbanzo beans for the chicken. No broccoli? Use peas, green beans or mixed veggies. Flavor boosters: red chili flakes, sliced green onions and/or a teaspoon of sesame oil.