This super fast and easy smoothie is a refreshing way to pack in your recommended daily serving of Vitamin C. Each one-cup serving — this recipe makes five — has 110 calories and 1 gram of fat. Add a small banana, a handful of strawberries or another favorite fruit to add flavor and nutrients.
- 6 ounces frozen orange juice concentrate (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 cups cold water
- 2 cups low-fat (1 percent) milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients in a blender. Put the lid on tightly.
- Blend for about 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
FYI: To make this a meal — breakfast, anyone? — make a piece of whole wheat toast with peanut butter to go with your smoothie.