Fresh Veggie Pizza
This recipe, which features a nice variety of veggies, is high in Vitamin A, Vitamin C and protein. And substituting whole grain tortillas for the low-fat crescent roles — which the recipe calls for — helps make this meal a healthy carbohydrate choice.
- 1 package low-fat crescent rolls
- 4 ounces non-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup non-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup non-fat sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil (or thyme)
- 1/2 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 cup cauliflower, chopped
- 1/4 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Unroll the crescent rolls and place them on a cookie sheet to bake. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Mix together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, and basil; mix until smooth.
- Spread mixture on the cooled crescent rolls.
- Sprinkle the chopped vegetables and shredded cheddar cheese on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Serve immediately. Refrigerate leftovers within 2-3 hours.
FYI: Try substituting whole wheat flour tortillas for crescent rolls, using vegetables that are in season and lower in cost, and adding cooked chicken as a topping.