Butternut Squash Chicken Red Curry
The perfect fall dish! Cooks of all skill levels will love this easy Thai curry recipe. This delicious dish can be embellished with seasonal veggies and exotic spice.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste (double if you like it hot)
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast large dice
- 1 medium butternut squash peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion large dice
- 1 red bell pepper large dice
- 2 carrots peeled large dice
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cans coconut milk
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 T. fish sauce
- 2 T. lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 10 basil leaves whole
- 1 tomato large dice
- In a large pot, sauté the oil and curry paste over high heat until curry is aromatic.
- Add chicken and sauté until chicken starts to caramelize slightly.
- Add squash and vegetables; sauté briefly before adding liquids and seasoning.
- Simmer on medium heat for 20-30 minutes. Liquid will thicken slightly.
- Finish with salt and pepper to taste, fresh basil leaves and top with fresh tomatoes. Serve with steamed brown rice and enjoy a heartwarming fall meal that is sure to please.