Spiritual Care Services
St. Charles Health System is committed to providing health care that encompasses the needs of the whole person — body, mind and spirit. Spiritual Care Services cares for the spiritual needs of patients, families, staff and the health system as a whole.
Our hospital chaplains have clinical and theological training and experience. They are available to compassionately minister to your spiritual, emotional and religious needs, and they respect the variety of paths used by individuals to find meaning. Our hospital chaplains are here to support you 24-hours-a-day, seven-days-a-week and serve throughout the hospitals and all their various departments.
Hospital chaplain assistance includes:
- Taking time to sit down and provide a listening presence
- Reflecting on the meaning of your illness and your understanding
- Offering prayer, scripture, arranging for sacraments or rituals at your request
- Calling your pastor/spiritual leader to notify them of your hospitalization
- Helping you find hope again
- Supporting your family and friends spiritually or emotionally
- Assisting with your Advance Directive
- Facilitating conversations with your physicians and other caregivers
- Facilitating ethical decision making
Contact a chaplain:
- Telephone the hospital operator at 541-382-4321
- Ask your nurse, or any member of your care team, to contact a chaplain
Hospital chapels and sanctuaries
We invite you to visit our chapel or sanctuaries for prayer, meditation or quiet reflections. They are inclusive places where all are welcome and all may find connection to the spiritual journey.
Chapel at St. Charles Bend
The chapel is always open and is located on the second floor, adjacent to the Lynn Griffith Memorial Garden.
Sanctuary at St. Charles Redmond
The Sanctuary, located on the first floor, is available to everyone for personal prayer and meditation.
St. Charles Prineville
Your caregivers at St. Charles Prineville would be glad to arrange spiritual support for you. Contact your nurse or other caregiver if you are interested.
St. Charles Madras
Your caregivers at St. Charles Madras would be glad to arrange spiritual support for you. Contact your nurse or other caregiver if you are interested.