We know that families often want and need to stay near their loved ones while they are patients at St. Charles hospitals. And there’s a range of convenient options available for patient families including our family stay park, the Ronald McDonald House and local hotels.
JELD-WEN Family Stay Park
The JELD-WEN Family Stay Park is provided as a free service to patients who are actively receiving treatment at St. Charles Health System and their families. Our recreational vehicle area was developed for your convenience and is designed to make your stay at St. Charles more restful. Please note that only one space is provided per patient. The RV park is not available for use by agency physicians or nurses unless they are a patient or family of a patient meeting the criteria below.
Patients (and family members of patients) who reside more than 50 miles from the hospital and are admitted as inpatients to St. Charles Bend – or, on a case-by-case basis, for outpatient care – are invited to stay at JELD-WEN Family Stay Park.
- Spaces are filled on a first-come, first-served basis and registration is required. Reservations may be accepted, based on availability. Call 541-382-4321, ext 7539 for help with reservations. Registration for an RV space is at the Main Admitting office, near the main entrance of the Bend hospital. When Main Admitting is closed, the Emergency Department provides check-in services.
- Please provide state-issued identification at registration.
- Each space is provided with free water, power, sewer and garbage services.
- RV washing is not permitted.
- RV camp sites must be kept clean and orderly.
- Tent camping and open burning fire rings are prohibited.
- Small pets (weighing less than 35 lbs) are allowed. They must be orderly and their waste must be picked up regularly.
- Per St. Charles policy, pets may not enter the hospital or clinics.
- Parking on the grass is not permitted.
- Length of stay is generally one day prior to admission or beginning of treatment up to one day after discharge or completion of treatment. If you need to extend your stay, you must go back to Main Admitting each week to renew your registration. Contact Facility Services at 541-706-6250 if you have any problems with your site. If you are calling outside of regular business hours, please contact the operator at 541-382-4321 and ask for the duty engineer.
- If you are staying in the park during the winter months, the water is turned off to prevent the lines from freezing. If you need to fill containers or holding tanks, please call 541-382-4321 and ask for the duty engineer.
Download the full Family Stay Park policy and registration form here.
Ronald McDonald House
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Oregon provides overnight lodging and home amenities to families who must travel to Bend seeking medical treatment for their child, ages birth through 21. The organization also provides overnight lodging for high-risk, pregnant mothers who require bed rest near their care provider at the hospital. A private bedroom with bathroom can accommodate up to six adults and one child per family. In addition to private overnight accommodations, the "House That Love Built" provides several home-cooked meals each week; common play, laundry, cooking and relaxation spaces. A golf cart can be driven to and from the hospital.
If you do not feel comfortable being across the street from your child, you may request access to the amenities of the Bend Ronald McDonald House (laundry, kitchen, pantry, play room, outdoors space, etc.) for day use only.
There is no charge for use of the facility. However, a $20 per night donation is suggested to help defray the $113 it costs the organization to provide overnight lodging.
Qualifying families will have a clear medical necessity for lodging, will have been referred directly by their child's physician and/or a hospital social worker and can pass both a preliminary qualification screening and a criminal background check.
For more information, call the house at 541-318-4950.
To receive a referral to the house, call Social Services at 541-382-4321 ext. 4950
There are several hotels and motels near each of our hospitals. Our Guest Services hosts are happy to provide patients and their families with brochures of local accommodations. The Central Oregon Visitors Association website also has an extensive list of lodging options and contact information.