May 2018 Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction for Survivors and Caregivers
Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction for Survivors and Caregivers
Using meditation and gentle yoga, this 8-week Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) class has been shown to promote healing and give participants the ability to create a lasting decrease in physical and psychological symptoms to improve overall wellness. Class is for Survivors & their primary Caregiver
MBSR has been shown to be effective for:
- Creating a lasting decrease in physical and psychological symptoms
- An increased ability to relax
- Reduction in pain levels and an enhanced ability to cope with chronic pain
- Greater energy and enthusiasm for life
- An ability to cope more effectively with both short and long-term stressful situations
- Having a profound positive influence on one’s view of oneself and of the world, including an ability to be more trusting of oneself and others.
Orientation Class (Interest and Commitment) Thursday April 19th, 6:00 - 8:00 at 1183 Wall Street, Ste. B, Bend
First classes start:
Thursday May 3rd through June 21, 2018
Location: 1183 Wall Street, Ste. B, Bend.
Bring a yoga mat, a towel and water.
Taught by Cheryl Mills, Haelan House
Contact Alycia Downs with any questions 541-706-7743
Class Dates & Times
Start Time:Thursday, April 19, 2018 6:00 PM
End Time:Thursday, June 21, 2018 8:30 PM